OBJECTIVE(S) OF THIS POSITION
As UX / UI designer you play a crucial role in design and development of customer-facing solutions and applications (web and mobile experience) closely linked and aligned with physical products. Main mission is to design new products & features and improve existing ones by focusing on the ease of use, simplicity and uniformity. You role is essential in supporting WABCO efforts to delight customers through great user experiences.
- Develop high-level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Create design deliverables such as specifications, process flows, wireframes, and mockups
- Refine designs in collaboration with users, product managers, and front-end developers
- Create prototypes and validate designs through formal and informal user testing
- Understand users and use-cases and drive ideation exercises to create prototypes
PROFILE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Min 4 years of experience in a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in crafting usable digital interfaces.
- Visual design sensibilities as they relate to applying a brand to digital experiences.
- Proficiency in providing creative ideas and translate those in scenario’s, task flows, wireframes, clickable prototypes and functional descriptions.
- A good understanding of Service Design blueprints, personas, user journeys, customer-centric design and industry related terminology
- A good understanding of principles of responsive design, mobile-first approach, and designing for all devices
- Quick learner of upcoming technologies and UX/UI software.
- Ability to create rough prototypes (e.g. InVision or similar)
- Ability to present your work and back up your design decisions with solid arguments.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Self-starter attitude, take ownership