We Are a family of 40+ UX Designers and Researchers around the world, working together with Product Managers, Software Engineers, Technical Writers and many other wonderful people. We pursue innovative ways of building user-centered solutions that can scale over time.
We work using Agile methodologies and MVP approaches. We can proudly say we practice Design Thinking and iterate our solutions based on customer feedback and technical feasibility. And we keep the loop going with the efforts of dedicated, committed teams.
At NetSuite we think out-of-the-box and spend a lot of time brainstorming. The greatest and simplest solutions come from the group effort. And we move forward by bridging Experience Design with Product Management and Engineering at every step.
What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a talented UX Researcher to join our International Experience Design Team as the first UX for the NetSuite GBU for EMEA and working collaboratively with the local International Product Manager and a team of PM and Designers spread world-wide. Oracle NetSuite is growing faster than ever, and the company is investing heavily in ensuring the best resources are focused on expanding globally. You will be joining the team that is leading some of the key product initiatives for the company; a global product that feels local.
You will be focusing on the Internationalisation and Localisation efforts in EMEA (most specifically in Europe). You will empathise with users on these regions and building last-mile functionality that will make the product feel like it’s built for them.
Are you capable of translating challenging business problems into simple interaction solutions? Do you have the instinct to design for simplicity? Have you spent time understanding the users’ profiles and tailoring solutions to their workflows? Are you comfortable presenting rationales of your design work and justify your decisions? Are you willing to work together with fellow designers and collect feedback while moving further?
What You’ll Do
- Hands-on creative problem solving in a cloud-driven enterprise software system.
- UX research locally and throughout the region.
- Deliver last-mile product localisation, that will make our users around the world feel the product was built for them.
- Work with a multi-disciplined UX team of Designers, User Researchers and Product Managers in a fast-paced, dynamic, agile environment.
- Work with a multi-cultural, international team of people around the world.
- Present design alternatives and effectively communicate rationale and trade-offs.
- Share your work and be open to trade-offs and collaborative, constructive feedback.
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects of varying timelines, degrees of complexity and scope.
- Demonstrate a passion for iteration and being eager to receive feedback.
- Keep communication flowing by bringing feedback from customers to the team, and taking team questions back to customers.
- Degree in Product Design, UX Design, UI Design, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum 5 years working in the field of UX Design. Experience with “big data software” a huge plus. We need a self-starter who can take a bit of directional input and then take off.
- Online portfolio demonstrating your problem-solving ability: problem analysis, personas, scenarios, user journeys, sketches, wireframes, prototypes, task-flows or other relevant design research artifacts.
- Experience working with remote team members and employees.
- Experience planning and executing different types of research with customers.
- A positive and resilient personality. You must be able to embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous iteration and improvement.
- Analytical and strategic mindset. We privilege that rather than pixel-perfect visual skills.
- Excellent communication skills; office and company language is English.
- Flexibility to work with geographically distributed teams.
- Experience working with a global product, and localization processes is a plus.
- Experience working in Agile Development methodology.
- Additional European language skills are a plus
One word — Transformation.
At NetSuite, we believe the cloud is here to stay and so do our 40,000+ customers.
We believe businesses should not be bogged down by the overhead of bulky data centres and expensive personnel to run it all. Businesses need to be lean, efficient and agile. NetSuite is literally transforming business around the globe by providing a cloud-based, unified system that delivers unprecedented capabilities to drive business forward. Founded in 1998 as THE cloud ERP pioneer, today NetSuite has transformed the business operations of our customers without the high costs and inefficiency of on premise systems.
Transform your career at NetSuite
At NetSuite we work hard and we work smart. We hire fierce competitors. We hire individuals that are fearless trail blazers. NetSuite employees take the hill: we prefer action over inaction, we are tireless in our mission and we pause to celebrate our success. And we DO celebrate, because if you don’t have fun along the way, then what’s the point?
NetSuite is transforming how its customers do business. If you want to transform your career, apply now.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically four years of software engineering or related experience needed.
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).