Traveling is an experience. We are focused on delivering the best experience possible on a mission to make travel better for everyone across the globe. Our design team creatively solves our customers‘ problems by designing both service and product solutions, which go beyond customer expectations. Our work is informed by data and world-class UX research to help us understand our customers‘ needs.
We are looking for an enthusiastic UX Research Manager who will join our empowered design team to lead and grow the team of talented researchers towards the challenges of exploring the travel industry and validating our ideas.
What you will do
- You will lead a diverse team of 8+ talented UX Researchers and hold regular 1:1s.
- Be a mentor to help grow in their careers and help them overcome potential challenges by creating and maintaining their individual development plans and giving them feedback on their deliverables.
- Support and guide UX Researchers in working on projects of various complexity and scale.
- Be UX Research & our user advocate within and outside of the company.
- Co-create strategy of the UX Research team and cooperate on increasing Kiwi.com’s UX Team maturity level.
- Continuously look for possible improvements in UX Research processes and methodologies.
- Focus on incorporating company objectives in our UX research strategy.
- Work with designers, PMs, (VPs) to improve processes and ways to include UX Research early in the design process.
- Work with customer experience specialists to align on customer/user feedback processing and reporting.
- Collaborate with Data analysts to make more impact in the company.
- Interview potential candidates to the UX Research team.
- Be in charge of tooling and budgets.
- Be in charge of the scaling of the UX Research team.
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of experience in qualitative research and experience working as a UX Researcher for user-facing digital product companies.
- You are an experienced leader, comfortable with leading 6+ direct reports, and helping them with research challenges and their well-being.
- You mastered all stages of the UX Research process, principles, and methodologies.
- You are keeping yourself up-to-date with actual and tomorrow’s trends in research, technology, and design fields.
- You are oriented on a user and using qualitative and quantitative data to uncover the problems and understand users and their behaviors in the best way possible.
- You have a portfolio demonstrating your professional research capabilities.
- You have excellent communication skills – both verbally and written.
- You have strong collaboration skills.
Why it is worth it
- You will work on the unique digital product and service that are disrupting the modern travel industry and helping people experience the world. The product serves hundreds of thousands of visitors a day.
- In our team, you will work with top-notch researchers, designers, and writers from various backgrounds and cultures (including the USA, Brazil, Netherlands, Zimbabwe, Malaysia, and many others).
- Our Design team is empowered and supported by the whole company.
- We have a lot of flexibility and independence while we tackle our customers‘ problems.
Sound like you? Get in touch!
For us, being a designer means solving problems. We research, prototype, test, and iterate. If you feel that your background, experience, and enthusiasm are a natural match, let’s get in touch and together solve problems for travelers around the world.We are looking forward to meeting you!
- Assume the best of others and believe in the power of the team
- Be open and involve others
- Be curious and always look for opportunities