Cimpress is looking for a User Experience Designer that wants to tackle interesting design challenges and wants to learn new things about solving complex design problems. For example, how to configure carriers to pickup packed orders, receive all required documents and transport it to the customer for a solid cost.
At Cimpress, we create Mass Customization Platform – a platform for delivering uniquely personalized products conveniently and affordably. With that platform, our businesses can manage their print business – from tracking and managing their orders and products, creating marketing scenes for their products to managing carriers, scanning orders in plants to sorting orders.
What you will do
You will focus primarily on Logistics, for example, on apps for setting up pickup times by carriers, tools for scanning orders at plants, management of shipping boxes and more.
In this role, we expect that you will:
- Design conceptual sketches and wireframes, to high-fidelity mockups, interaction guidelines and prototypes based on the project’s needs. Contribute to and collaborate on managing a design and interaction pattern library that keeps our product experiences cohesive and unified.
- Work with Product Owners and other stakeholders to design solutions by combining business requirements with research and various feedback channels including businesses and developers.
- Manage the end-to-end experience of your projects by collaborating closely with developers and stakeholders in an agile based environment.
- Leverage research and usability testing where possible, applying the learning gained to improve design solutions.
Also you would help us to improve our Component Library, as we transform it into an effective Design System.
You will have many opportunities to grow and learn new skills – from sketching & brainstorming ideas, prototyping to testing or using various research methods. We do a lot of things and you would have experienced designers at your disposal to guide you along the way that are always willing to help.
How design works at Cimpress
Cimpress is a global company with offices around the world – throughout the US, Europe and India. In those locations we have at least one designer and we are growing. Every designer takes care of a specific domain.
We collaborate with development teams (squads), Product Owners and other stakeholders on their requests or we propose ideas for possible improvements. We also have our UX projects or we help each other.
To prepare the best possible design we use various tools based on what we need to achieve, but we mostly use:
- Sketch for high-fidelity (detailed) UI designs (screens)
- Whimsical for wireframes and mockups
- InVision apps for prototyping, commenting and documenting
We often talk with people who use our applications. For that, we use various user research methods – from observing recorded sessions in Fullstory, data in Google Analytics to survey studies, card sorting, usability testing, interviews or visit plants to get better context.
As a UX team, we met regularly and have discussions about design, design updates, or to provide design feedback, etc. We love slack and use it to collaborate daily.
And what about your experience & qualifications?
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on Human-Computer Interaction, or equivalent experience.
- 1-3+ years of professional experience as a UX Designer.
- Past work that demonstrates your design experience and showcases examples related to the responsibilities shown.
- Ability to research and quickly understand new domains and business challenges.
- Data visualization experience a plus
- Experience with CSS and front-end frameworks (React, Vue) a plus
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Work on unusual products – no e-commerce or simple websites.
- Experienced designers who will help you grow and from who you will learn a lot
- Chance to visit interesting conferences, to try many different tools, etc.
- Unlimited amount of soft drinks, free breakfast of refreshment during the week
- Ping-pong table, irregularly regular PC game sessions and more
Job Segment: Web Design, User Experience, Front End, Research, Creative, Technology