We’re looking for a UX Designer to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world’s leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
For more information about Blackboard Inc. and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
Our User Experience & Design (UXD) organization helps shape the future of Blackboard’s products and solutions. Made up of user experience and design leaders who work across both web and mobile platforms and take a hands-on role in a highly collaborative team environment, they champion best-in-class work throughout the Blackboard organization. Our team believes that user experiences are as much about behavior and emotion as they are about usability, utility, and accessibility.
As a UX Designer on our team, you will be responsible for building visual design explorations, comps, interactive simulations, and product specifications based on users’ behaviors, needs, and use-cases. You will work with other UXD colleagues and Blackboard partners to produce and ship products, as well as work within existing brand guidelines while also having the opportunity to evolve these guidelines in new ways.
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience within a UX Design related area
- Working knowledge of design practice, disciplines, and principles
- Experience with industry-standard Design tools such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, Figma, or other prototyping tools
- Strong collaborator with ability to receive and incorporate critique from peers and stakeholders as well as provide meaningful feedback
- Outstanding body of work that incorporates design-thinking (or similar) methodologies where people are the center of the solution (portfolio needed for review)
- Ability to handle multiple design projects at different stages of delivery simultaneously without sacrificing quality
- Exceptional eye for detail
- Comfortable participating in projects where acting as a leader might be required
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Highly organized, motivated, and efficient
- Hybrid interaction and visual designer
- Ability to maintain high standards of accountability, owning responsibility around design decisions, timelines, and quality
- A background in user research of other qualitative/quantitative means to inform designing for the user
Please provide samples of your work with your application.
Blackboard has an office in the beautiful and vibrant city of Brno.
- Great office location in city center near Luzanky
- Accessible by public transportation as well as bike, with bike stands and showers in the office
- Cozy personal office spaces where you can shut your door to really focus or leave it open to interact with others
- Flexible work hours
- Great benefits including health & life insurance and English lessons
- Countless walkable places to eat
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.