We’re looking for a talented design thinker to join us in drive world class experiences to millions of users across a spectrum of industries. You’ll have the opportunity to shape the design of Microsoft Teams, a chat-based collaboration app that is changing how people work together. We value creativity, sharing ideas openly, and having fun while we work. Most of all, we’re motivated by the desire to create product experiences people love.
Our culture is inclusive, casual and high energy. Our team comes from diverse backgrounds, skillsets and creative disciplines grounded in customer needs. This is a fantastic opportunity to build an experience that millions of people worldwide will use at home, school and work. This space is experiencing rapid growth, so our team needs to grow!
We’re looking for a talented product designer to join our office in Prague. Our multidisciplinary team works horizontally across all feature groups to maintain a high bar for innovation—strategically building our current design system and envisioning where we will go next. We value creativity, sharing ideas openly, and having fun while we work. Most of all, we’re motivated by the desire to create product experiences people and teams love.
You will work on experiences that span across new and existing features. Your teammates will depend on you for world class visual design and you will also provide feedback and contribute interaction thinking. So, you need be great at shifting back and forth from big-picture to details. You will be responsible for contributing to the present and future design system for Teams—by collaborating with other designers, engineers, and product management in India and the US. You will need to be able to communicate your ideas using a wide variety of methods—from telling a compelling story, to providing sketches, to fully rendered designs.
Help us take Microsoft Teams to the next level of visual refinement and delight.
- Collaborate with other designers to create clear, beautiful, and delightful experiences that blend brand personality, interaction, visual, motion, and sound design.
- Iterate on designs to find the most effective solution.
- Contribute thoughtful feedback for other designers to ensure that visual design and interaction work well in tandem.
- Work with others within our team to spread awareness of one another’s work and drive awareness horizontally across the feature groups.
- Collaborate with developers and product management to specify and implement new UI designs with top-notch quality.
- Contribute to the evolution of the Microsoft Teams design patterns and personality, as a key app within M365.
- Advocate for your design solutions by putting them in context of business and customer goals.
- Create designs for desktop (Windows and MacOS), web, and mobile (iOS, Android).
Pre-requisite knowledge, skills, and experience
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in product design, with an emphasis in user-interface design.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating sensitivity to typography, color, contrast, and information hierarchy, from broad concepts to tiny details.
- BA/BFA degree or higher in Graphic Design, User Experience Design, or related fields is mandatory.
- Awareness of trends in communication, collaboration, interaction and UI design.
- Motion design experience a plus.
- Capable of influencing collaboration with an eye for detail, and a strong sense for aesthetic, wit, and delight.
- Always ready to contribute to the success of your team.
- Ability to work within constraints, and adaptability to changing circumstances.
- Works efficiently and consistently meets deadlines.
- Turns great ideas into real experiences.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.