You will lead the user research, including helping frame key questions, create research plans, conduct research, and synthesize findings into meaningful, actionable insights
- Degree in interaction design, cognitive science, anthropology or psychology
- Minimum 6+ years of experience planning, conducting, and communicating the findings from user research for digital products and services
- Experience planning and conducting both quantitative and qualitative user research at all stages of product development
- Ability to frame key questions, create research plans to address those, conduct research, and synthesize the findings into meaningful, actionable insights
- Ability to design and conduct user testing and concept validation, i.e. identify potential solution options for a stated user need and design experiments that help elicit the most viable solution for users
- Deep understanding of digital product lifecycle; comfort working with designers, technical and business teams; deep knowledge of an array of research methodologies
- Strong communication skills with ability to articulate and optimize design based on the value to the user and the business
- Track record of partnering well with others to solve problems and actively incorporating input from various sources
- Ability to navigate multiple stakeholder groups and influence others on a global basis
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
You will join our Prague office as a part of Design & Innovation team within our internal Technology & Digital organization.The Design & Innovation team is a multi-disciplinary group of experienced designers, researchers and developers located across New York, Boston, Prague, Gurgaon and Toronto. We are responsible for using user-centered methods to power the development and delivery of technology-enabled products and services used across McKinsey. Our work ensures that we create experiences that make the work of our colleagues faster, easier and more effective. As a part of Design & Innovation community, you will get access to top-class professionals where you can learn and grow to be a top-notch designer or researcher. You will work with a so-called Product Triad, which includes a product manager, UX design lead and technical lead, along with the Scrum team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will lead the user research, including helping to frame key questions, create research plans, conduct research, and synthesize findings into meaningful, actionable insights. In this role, you will create professional-level deliverables that clearly and persuasively communicate the research strategy findings, and reasoning behind it. Your very first project will focus on the efficiency and effectiveness of process and technology, support to talent and professional development, and service provision to our 2,700+ colleagues across the global executive assistant community–the the second largest function at McKinsey. You will play a significant role in a key transformation program ensuring that services are delivered to the right people, in the right way, at the right time. Your role will be integral to the program team’s understanding of the current landscape and planning for the future. You will work on a number of initiatives which cut across all focus areas, helping to define the business problem, identify user needs, map out existing user journeys/workflows, draft personas, behavioral models, and collaboratively work on solution concepts including adoption strategy. You will closely collaborate with all parts of the firm, resulting in valuable insights into the workings of McKinsey.