At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Information Technology (IT) team is looking for a UX Designer to join the IT Service Management team in Brno, Czech Republic. In this role, you will be at the forefront of how we create intuitive and innovative offerings and solutions. You’ll become part of a team that strives to learn and understand the needs, behaviors, and emotions of our users, collecting insights that inform product strategy and guide the design of our offerings. You’ll serve as an advocate for our users, conceptualizing design solutions from start to finish, while also helping establish consistent design patterns. As a UX Designer, you’ll help us grow our associate support interactions and improve the associate experience.
Primary job responsibilities
- Conceptualize design solutions from ideation to completion using interaction design tools
- Serve as an advocate for our users while maintaining the value of brand and business needs
- Create the right documentation for tasks at hand, ranging from paper sketches or whiteboard brainstorming sessions to wireframes, user flows, navigational structures, and experimental prototypes
- Conduct usability testing of solutions and prototypes
- Concept, design, and carry out projects across an array of interactive media like responsive design, tablet, and mobile interfaces
- Cooperate with product management, process owners, and application development teams during design, development, testing, and releases
- Keep the team informed about emerging trends and innovations in experience design, technology, development, and visual and product design
- Help establish and reinforce consistent design patterns
- Use visual thinking and communication to create intuitive interactions
- Reduce friction for our customers during every phase of the customer life cycle
- Create graphics aligned with brand standards
- Actively participate in team brainstorming and solution generation
- Troubleshoot UX implementation issues
- Bachelor’s degree or Bachelor of Science degree in design, human-computer Interaction (HCI), computer science (CS) or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Ability to coordinate and run focus groups, user interviews, and usability testing
- 3+ years of corporate experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills
- Ability to comprehend and visually articulate product requirements
- Ability to converse with engineers and easily communicate ideas
- Online portfolio or work examples
The following are considered a plus:
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Competency with Sketch, Balsamiq, or other interaction design tools
- Fluent in current UX best practices with the ability to push the boundaries and create fresh designs across platform offerings
- Experience working in short, fast-paced development cycles and the ability to deliver results quickly
- Solid self-management skills combined with an ability to work as a contributing member of a multidisciplinary team
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.