- blending together brand personality, visual, motion and sound to create delightful experiences.
- Create and assess design solutions based on user research data and user goals.
- Produce design visualizations to help everyone understand what the best experience should be: storyboards, flows, wireframes, prototypes, and vision pieces.
- Work closely and constructively with product management, visual and interaction designers, editors, engineers and user researchers to iterate and deliver flawlessly.
- Interface with design teams across Microsoft to bring unity among our features.
- Advocate for your design solutions by putting them in context of business and user goals.
Pre-requisite Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Design or HCI degree, or comparable work experience
- Software design experience
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Be self-directed and able to self-manage.
- Have solid IA and visual design skills.
- History of impacting shipping products with your work.
- Graphic/visual design experience.
- You can handle complex design problems and have a proven ability to create sophisticated and elegant solutions.
- You have outstanding communication/presentation skills to tell your design stories to fellow designers, developers, and product management.
- Self-motivated and driven to get the details right.
- Ability to multi-task on multiple features
- Strong aesthetic intuition
- You’re able to work well with others and don’t have an ego that gets in the way.
- Good sense of humor.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.