As team lead for UX/UI you are responsible for overseeing the UX/UI Design team in Prague, Czechia, which in turn creates the designs for Alteryx’s products and features. As the leader of this team, you will help drive the future of Alteryx design. This role manages a team of UX designers and tech writers, fosters relationships with other departments, guides communication, collaboration, and conflict resolution, furthers product knowledge, and helps nurture the career growth of the team.
Externally, you elevate the efforts of the team at conferences, meetups, and through social media. Within the team, you will build a collaborative environment to implement processes, help drive User Experience improvements, and work with UX leadership to help develop strategies to improve the effectiveness of the UX team.
You will report to the Manager of UX located in Broomfield, CO, who will help provide clear direction on priorities, process and principles to instill and drive with your team.
Effective team lead
- Leverages industry expertise to coach, motivate, and provide direction for UX associates.
- Provides career guidance and counseling in the form of annual goals coupled with personal & professional development.
- Builds strong partnerships with leadership across the organization to create effective UX strategies that deliver strong business impact and align to the company’s overall strategy.
- Ability to prioritize work so that quality expectations are met while maintaining reasonable timelines in an Agile environment
- Collaborating with UX leadership to communicate and drive the vision and strategy for the UX team across the EDC.
- Oversees and ensures coordinated UX design quality across multiple related products.
- Understands the competitive UX landscape, customers and non-customers.
- Leverage telemetry and other business data to understand UX/UI performance against product KPIs, presenting key findings and adjustments to push innovation.
- Manages a team of UX/UI Designers, who are responsible for developing wireframes, interactive prototypes, and visual design mock-ups that translate business needs and user stories into intuitive and engaging experiences.
- Collaborates with product managers and developers to estimate scope for multiple projects, then balances team bandwidth to set design timelines that meet the needs of the release schedule.
- Works closely with the development teams to guide the implementation and iteration of designs and verifies that the final deliverables provide a quality user experience
- Fosters the development of UX initiatives across the organization
- Works with Product Managers to share successes and drive the overall effectiveness of processes and work priorities used by the UX department.
- Works with PM leadership to help define the Alteryx product roadmap and present it to internal audiences.
- Provides feedback and direction on designs as well as creating designs.
- BS/BA degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- 4-6 years of experience in a UX/UI role, solid design expertise.
- Previous experience managing teams.
- History of personnel management and track record of career development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Project management skills; problem solving skills and strategic thinking.
- A strong sense of teamwork and an ability to influence at all levels.
- Expert level understanding of tools such as Sketch, Invision, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Knowledge of lean process, iterative design and industry standard methodologies when designing software and applications for desktop or web.