Design awesome software solutions for industrial companies.
Join a global cross-functional design team that researches, designs, and delivers awesome hardware and software solutions for the industrial IoT as part of Honeywell’s Safety & Productivity Solutions (SPS) group. SPS creates solutions serving more than 500 million workers worldwide in the energy, construction, first responder, transportation & logistics, retail, and healthcare sectors.
We are seeking a senior level UX Designer ready to design outstanding branded, seamless experiences that span mobile, web, and emerging technologies like AR and voice, coach and mentor other designers, and engage people from many otherdisciplines at entry level to director level and be a great advocate for design and for the users while also being a great partner to work with. In this role, we will count on you to help define both the upcoming and future releases and to be able to make tradeoffs with the product and engineering team while still delivering outstanding branded, seamless experiences that span mobile, web, AR, and Voice.
- Create branded, usable, and aesthetically pleasing interfaces based on UX best practices and business needs.
- Create UI prototypes, interaction, animations and work with developers to make sure they are implemented correctly.
- Follow the Design Language System for Honeywell products.
- Translate research insights into great design and interaction solutions.
- Define the Information architecture of our products.
- Apply Usability research methods as part of the iterative design process.
- Act as a customer advocate designer, working with multidisciplinary teams, often in parallel, across the organization, to help improve and refine the customer experience on a continual basis.
- Plan and run design workshops with internal stakeholders.Work with external design and development firms.Scope, plan, and execute design projects in accordance with an iterative development process.Coach and mentor other designers.The above may include travel at 20% of your time
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree in digital design or related area.
- A representative Portfolio. Online or as a document
- Proficiency with common design and prototyping tools.
- Proficiency with User Centered Interaction Design principles and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and juggle multiple projects at once.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- We very much value familiarity with usability assessments such as SUS, heuristic evaluation, time on task / error rate performance testing.
- A design team is only as good as what it can produce. If you can illustrate, edit videos, 3D design or other special skills please highlight it in your application.
- Similarly,a design team needs many different types of knowledge so if you have an interesting graduate degree or other background and can bring adjacent knowledge please be sure to highlight it.
- We also value a passion for and familiarity with some of the industries we design for so if you ever worked in a warehouse, on an oil platform, in construction, as a truck driver, or in any other industrial company, be sure to call it out.
- We are a global design team and work in cross-functional teams. If you have that experience highlight it.
- Obviously as a technology company intellectual property creation is a high priority.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Immersion in the fast-moving and fast-growing industrial IOT space.
- Opportunity for direct customer engagement.
- Career growth opportunities.
- Benefits package.
- A great open plan office with an inviting atmosphere in Brno, Czech Republic.
- Continued Professional Development
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: req189645
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Turanka 1387/100, Brno, BRNO-MĚSTO 62700 CZE