Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Who We Are
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible talent to deliver on our mission of bringing UX to the enterprise. CA has a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. Sure, we’ve been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 – but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social, and big data.
Design Leadership and Enterprise UX Excellence
The Senior UX Designer will work out of the CA office located in Prague, Czech Republic. This individual will work on strategic projects involving new and existing products in our Continuous Delivery business unit. The right individual will bring a strong blend of hands-on design expertise as well as leadership, solid product development experience, and a knack for communicating and influencing at all levels of an organization.
About this Role
In this role, you will work closely with our Agile development teams and product management to define, design, and deliver the next generation of enterprise software. Our products break barriers in the software lifecycle, allowing development teams to achieve truly continuous application delivery.
You will have the opportunity to:
● Work on products that excite our customers by streamlining their work, automating time-consuming tasks, and making them more productive
● Build your skills by exchanging ideas and practices with UX designers across CA Technologies
● Solve complex design problems for highly skilled users
● Work on products in every stage of their lifecycle, from concept and design through delivery and market growth
● Participate in and lead design sprints and workshops that foster results-oriented design thinking
● Be part of our growing, learning, exciting design community with the shared goal of always improving and raising our standard for design excellence
What We’re Looking For
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated a record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. The perfect candidate will have:
● Provided UX design for large-scale software projects, from concept through successful delivery
● Influenced product direction and/or roadmap through UX
● Mentored or coached designers and non-designers
● Led or participated in Google Venture-style design sprints
● A body of work that feels beautiful, useful, and valuable
What You Can Demonstrate
● Typically 5+ years of UX design experience in Enterprise and/or Consumer software
● Outstanding interaction design ability
● Excellent strategic and analytical ability
● A human-focused perspective on building products and the strategy behind them
● Comprehensive knowledge of user-centered design and design thinking
● Solid understanding of user research, capturing insights, and applying empathy
● Ability to craft and deliver effective presentations to cross-functional audiences
● A positive, team-oriented attitude with the desire to collaborate across disciplines,
mentor other designers and share your knowledge
● Degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), UX Design, Visual / Graphic Design, or related field of study
● Expert knowledge and experience building and shipping products from concept to delivery
● Expert knowledge and skill with several design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, Axure, Balsamiq, InVision, etc.
Help us get into your head. Please share your shipped products, portfolio, blog and anything else that showcases your skills. Tell us about your design process, and how your solutions solved end users’ problems and achieved business goals. We understand that the kind of work you have done may prevent you from including it in a portfolio – if that is the case, please explain in your application or cover letter.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers