Digitalisation and New Services Unit is responsible for exploring, identifying and accelerating realisation of new technology driven business opportunities within Stora Enso. In partnership with divisions it builds and executes digital roadmaps and develops competencies needed in the future.
Digitalisation contributes to Stora Enso’s profitable growth strategy in all stages of the value chain from forest to the customers. We use digital technologies to optimise raw material sourcing, production, supply chain and driving sales through well managed insights of product and market trends. Generally, our digitalisation projects aim at developing a competitive advantage by making full use of opportunities coming from digitalisation, driving both topline and efficiency.
We are now looking for a Senior UX Designer with front end development skills to support our digitalisation acceleration efforts. The position is based in Helsinki, Stockholm or Ostrava.
As part of the platformisation exercises driven by our Center of Excellence Emerging Technologies team, we have released Stora Enso Design System; the SEEDS (see https://designsystem.storaenso.com). In this role you will spend majority of your time in developing SEEDS further; maintaining it and driving its adoption in the company via on-boarding trainings and support activities.
Our SEEDS tool stack currently looks like this:
- Figma for the ui tool kit
- Contentful and Styleguidist for documentation website
- SASS, React, Angular for component and pattern implementations
- PowerBI for data visualisations
- Azure DevOps services for web app hosting, code repository, work planning (Kanban), build and test pipelines and npm package management
From these, SASS and React skills are a must. Knowledge of some of the other above-mentioned areas is an asset.
In addition, you will be working with practical UX design and development for key projects which are using SEEDS. It is an asset if you are already skilled in Service Design, since you will be running Design Thinking & Doing workshops and working hands-on conducting user interviews, design sprints and usability evaluation sessions helping our businesses in concept shaping for various projects.
- Roadmap planning and development of our design system (SEEDS) and providing education around the system for wider organisation (both awareness and onboarding)
- Maintaining our design system deliverables: design assets, component code libraries, documentation web page
- Hands on UX and UI Design work for projects: gathering of user insights and business requirements, creating mock-ups and prototypes, determining detailed design specifications and running usability tests
What We Offer
This is a great opportunity for someone who already has good experience in UX design and development and wants to develop her/himself further into management and development of a corporate wide design system. You will have a key role in the full cycle of digital product development, from exploration to final polishing and adoption follow-up in a systematic and structured manner.
You will have clear goals that you can co-decide and co-plan. You will be surrounded with world class experts and thought leaders in the digital transformation area supporting you in your career development and daily tasks. You will be a part of the transition from user-centered design to planet-centered design that is happening in our industry.
- Strong visual design skills (we use Figma)
- Front-end development skills (we use SASS, React, Angular and Contentful)
- Understanding of DevOps and node package management (we use Azure DevOps services)
- Understanding of data visualisation (we use PowerBI mainly)
- Understanding of digital accessibility guidelines
- Experience in facilitating development roadmap creation with stakeholders
- Good presentation and education skills
- Good team working skills
- Fluent English, both written and spoken
Please submit your CV and application including your salary request via our recruitment system no later than the 7th of August.
For more information regarding the role please contact Cagri Akgul (mobile +358 50 487 3762) on Monday the 27th of July.
Other questions regarding the recruitment process or submitting your application can be directed to our recruitment team: *protected email*. Please note that we accept applications submitted only through our recruitment system.
Prospective employees are screened for drug use in the pre-employment examination.
We believe diversity strengthens our competitiveness and diverse working teams enable us to explore different perspectives and challenge our way of thinking, contributing to better decision-making. We work actively to increase equality and diversity in the workplace and are therefore happy to see applicants contributing to this.
Part of the bioeconomy, Stora Enso is a leading global provider of renewable solutions in packaging, biomaterials, wooden construction and paper. We employ some 25 000 people in more than 30 countries and our shares are listed on the Helsinki (STEAV, STERV) and Stockholm (STE A, STE R) stock exchanges.
Our fiber-based materials are renewable, recyclable and fossil free. Our solutions offer low-carbon alternatives to products based on finite resources. We believe that everything that is made from fossil-based materials today can be made from a tree tomorrow.
Watch our film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUElPYaxgqs&t=6s
Meet the people at Stora Enso on
You are the opportunity. Join us.