At SolarWinds , we’re focused on making easy-to-use software for IT professionals. The UX designer is an important member of the software development team that designs user interactions and interfaces for our products.
What would you do?
- Turning high level product requirements into workflows and designs.
- Taking a complex, technical problem and making an attractive, easy-to-use UI.
- Mocking up solutions to usability issues quickly – design solutions in minutes and hours, not days and weeks.
- Thoughtfully incorporating feedback from many channels (users, developers, product managers, quantitative analytics, etc.) into design revisions.
- Sharing and communicating designs with cross-functional, worldwide teams.
- Participating in business and UI reviews with multi-disciplinary product teams.
- Thinks like a user of the software.
- Lead design efforts on large projects.
- Share knowladge and mentor junior designers.
What the UX designer does NOT do:
- Working on the SolarWinds web site.
- Creating marketing banners and advertisements.
- Spending days making things look cool or pretty. We all like pretty, but making software that’s easy-to-use is critical to our business. Our sales method dictates that users must see value within an hour of downloading our software for evaluation. We focus on easy-to-use.
What do we expect you to know/have?
- Required soft and technical skills: collaborative, team player, excellent verbal/written communications, UI/UX design track record.
- Experience testing UI designs and software for usability.
- A “no project too big or small” attitude.
The ideal candidate is someone with at least 3 years of previous working experience within UI/UX designing of Web/Application interfaces. Is comfortable working in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, InVision, Balsamiq, Axure and has HTML/CSS experience. Has knowledge of current web trends and technology. Is creative and is able to drive design efforts on large projects and able to validate designs with internal and external stakeholders.
What awaits for you besides the top technology and great coworkers?
We offer many benefits – let us list the main ones: competitive salary, bonuses, and growth opportunities.
We promote self-education and support you in learning new things – through conferences, learning tutorials, and mentors. You can enjoy comfortable office spaces with free and tasty coffee, snacks, game rooms, soft chairs, billiard, Wii, and PS 4 with VR.
You can bike to work and find colleagues who do same sports as you do.
We provide Flexi Passes, pension or life insurance benefits, flexible working hours, 3 sick days per year and fruits in the kitchen.