SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
SAP Concur takes companies of all sizes beyond automation to a completely connected spend management solution encompassing travel, expense, invoice, compliance and risk. For more than 20 years, our global expertise and industry-leading innovation has kept customers a step ahead with time-saving tools, leading-edge technology and connected data.
We drive innovation forward until it becomes the new normal, but we’ll never accept business as usual if there’s an opportunity for business to be better. Want to be a part of something amazing? Check us out at: concur.com/careers
The SAP Concur Mobile team is a fun, passionate group of mobile engineers and designers focused on creating innovative, meaningful mobile experiences for business travelers. We’re seeking a Senior UX designer with proven real-world experience to help us create best in-class apps.
As a Senior User Experience Designer, you should be at ease creating use scenarios, sketches, story boards, wire-frames, and prototypes. You will participate in every facet of the product development process –product ideation, usability research, rapid prototyping, visual design, and coding and content integration. You will ensure that Concur’s mobile product meets a high standard of usability and design excellence. You will complement the development team in a fast-paced environment through implementation and release.
Your primary responsibilities include:
• Use data driven methodologies to measure user behavior and define user models, task flows, and customer problems.
• Translate business product goals & requirements into cutting edge design concepts.
• Ensure the experience vision is driven by a well-defined nucleus of user needs and tasks.
• Deliver documentation (design specification, pixel perfect mockups, animations) and production assets that helps mobile engineers through implementation phase to finalize design vision.
• Collaborating closely with the R&D leadership, developers, product managers, and other business stakeholders throughout the product development lifecycle.
• Participate in user experience research and usability studies.
Education, Experience & Training required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in design-related field (human-computer interaction, digital
• Media, or graphic design) or equivalent experience.
• 3 years of experience in UX Design (via multiple platforms and contexts such as iOS, Android, web, software, or other media).
• Strong communication skill and proven ability to work with cross-functional teams.
Job Specific Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
• Proficiency with industry tools. Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch; After Effect would be also nice to have!
• Experience creating highly detailed annotated wireframes, user flows, and process flows using tools such Proto.io, Sketch or InVision.
• Experience with Xcode and Android is not required, but highly preferred.
• Good understanding of fundamental visual design disciplines (typography, iconography, composition, color, layout, etc.).
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under deadlines.
• Meticulous sense of detail and ability to seek out simple solutions to complex design challenges.
• Always approach a project from multiple angles, with a creative-out of the box design approach who can deliver on a variety of solutions.
• A strong portfolio in innovative design work that demonstrate proficiency in interaction and visual design.