Who You Are
If you’re a seasoned professional who’s bored with working on “just one thing” and is ready for a real challenge to sink your teeth into, this could be for you! You’ll need the courage to fail fearlessly, be a tireless and diplomatic advocate for our users, and obsess over ways to create the game-changing software of the future. We are looking for the best and brightest, so competition for places is stiff. In return, we ask for a determination to make the most out of every opportunity. It’s the ideal environment to challenge you to “think big” giving you the support you need to drive your future career.
What You’ll Do:
• Team with the product managers / teams / customers to help define:
• Design Thinking Roadmaps/user journeys
• Product vision
• Best practice solutions
• Agile consultation and process evaluation
• Conduct design workshops
• Entertain coworkers with engaging anecdotes while waiting for conference call starts.
• Tell stories and draw pictures.
• Make everyone jealous that you have the most awesome job. Ever.
• Develop strong relationships with product teams and act as a trusted design advisor.
• Create environments where our customers feel safe enough to walk through their process and identify gaps.
• Build on those end-user relationships to continue the dialog.
• Design thoughtful user experiences and a great looking product based on real user needs, motivations, and pain-points
• Take design risks that balance usability and innovation.
• Contribute positively to design discussions by creating sketches, providing constructive design commentary, and sharing evaluative critique
• Author UI standards, styles and patterns and assist with creation of visual artifacts and graphics for use in the UI as needed
• Collaborate, test, refine and validate your designs with the team and the product’s end users
• Plan, lead and conduct usability testing studies
• Identify possible usability issues with the existing product and make constructive suggestions for improvement
• Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
• Track current trends, patterns, and technologies, and share your passion for them with the Broadcom design community
• Coach & mentor junior User Experience Designers
• Empower awesome. Daily.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• 7+ years deep experience in at least one of the UX disciplines, and some experience in at least two others.
• Customer-focused, with experience using design research methods to uncover insights.
• Deep, demonstrated experience in user research, interaction design and usability testing with an ability to contribute to design strategy, visual design and detailed design specifications
• Fluency with user research, usability testing and interaction design methods and tools
• Insatiable curiosity and an obsession with finding better ways of doing things
• Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical (engineering, architects) and business (product managers) audiences.
• Strong co-design and facilitation skills
• A passion for creating products that resonate emotionally with people
• Ability to juggle – metaphorically and perhaps physically.
• Insatiable curiosity and an obsession with enterprise software design.