As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
SAP Concur takes companies of all sizes beyond automation to a completely connected spend management solution encompassing travel, expense, invoice, compliance and risk. For more than 20 years, our global expertise and industry – leading innovation has kept customers a step ahead with time – saving tools, leading – edge technology and connected data.
What is SAP iXp?
SAP’s Internship Experience Project is a paid program that gives university students the space to find purpose in their careers. We believe that through placing passionate people on the right teams, providing leadership and learning opportunities, and working on impactful projects, purpose is born. Piqued your interest?
Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp:
• No more fetching coffee: Work on in-depth projects, emerging products, and technologies that drive business results.
• Lifelong learning: Meet with mentors, make new friends, and attend learning sessions from diverse subject matter experts.
• Gain visibility: With iXp in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs, and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
What you’ll do:
Position Title: iXp Intern – UX Engineer
Expected start date to end date: July 1st 2018 – December 31st 2018
As a UX intern in the product team, you will work closely together with the product owner, developers, quality assurance, and other designers. Your primary task is to be familiar with Concur mobile apps, assess them for further enhancements, give feedback, and suggest potential improvements. You will also be performing user research, building prototypes, and reviewing them for further feedback.
You will be working with the mobile product team regularly to understand UX tasks and engage development teams to enhance our products. You will also have opportunities to create or be part of innovation projects that create business value or increase user satisfaction.
What the intern project will be about:
You will get hands-on experience on UX, UI, and user research. These are fundamental elements of a software designer. You will get to work with the product team to identify an engagement in which you have an opportunity to drive it from the beginning to the end.
How you will do it:
- Identify and articulate user needs.
- Learn about UX engagement in agile development for mobile products
- Able to build prototypes and explain them interactively.
- Collaborate with other designers to maintain visual coherence and consistency.
- Define UI specifications for developers.
Who you are:
- Pursuing degree in design or technical discipline
- Experienced with prototyping software like InVision, Proto.io and/or Framer.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and/or Sketch.
- Perform user research to identify user’s needs or validate ideas and proposed designs.
- Willingness to design both visually appealing and user-friendly products.
What you can expect:
- Understanding of how applications are built from scratch to final product
- Learn how to properly work within a UI framework to prepare the final visuals
- Learn how to create interactive prototypes
- Learn how to work as a team with product managers and developers.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.