MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
In this role, you will help define the lean user research program including methodology, measurement, tools and processes. You will be the user research expert, providing leadership, knowledge of usability trends and best practices, and project management skills to cross-functional teams and other user experience team members.
You have strong user research expertise that includes ethnographic, field studies, concept testing, and technology assessments with users; usability testing; and collecting secondary research relevant to the team’s needs. In this role, you would work with a skilled team of designers, product owners, engineers and stakeholders to research and craft experiences that drive better efficiency and satisfaction of our users.
– Develop the foundation for the lean user research program. Collaborate with product owners, engineering and stakeholders to understand business requirements
– Collect and analyze user behavior by leading usability lab studies (both in-person and remote), surveys, field studies, experiments, etc.
– Identify key research questions and objectives in partnership with product, design and engineering teams
– Identify research and design targets, developing screeners that best support projects
– Carry out research projects with highest levels of customer awareness
– Create user research testing programs in a Lean UX approach that satisfy business strategies and user needs
– Plan and deliver research programs within timeline and project requirements
– Facilitate or help to conduct Discovery workshops (e.g. Value Proposition Canvas, Design Sprints)
– Ensure alignment among all parts of the organization through effective communication
– Continually improve user research processes to gain efficiency, remove obstacles, and simplify problems
As a core member of our UX team, you are excellent at communication and collaboration, with a willingness to educate the entire organization on the importance of user research. This role is a senior role within the product design organization which requires you to be very self-directed and willing to manage programs as part of the team. The ideal candidate will also have strong secondary skills in either visual design, interaction design, or protoyping. The candidate is a strong critical thinker and possesses an unrelenting commitment to quality.
– More than 5 years experience conducting user research in a product environment
– More then 3 years of experience with Lean UX/Lean Research
– Detail oriented, with experience planning, executing, and analyzing qualitative research projects.
– Experience with lean product and lean UX research processes and working with agile teams
– Experience performing user research on mobile and desktop applications
– Excellent communication skills, both orally and written, and an ability to build great relationships with folks all across the organization
– Demonstrate a strong understanding of the user experience design process, and how user research is leveraged to improve user goals and behaviors
– Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex user research project
– Willingness and proficiency in working with remote teams and team members
– Ability to blend both quantitative metrics and qualitative feedback into the product design process
– Track record in prioritizing research questions in a related domain, and leading research projects from start to end while involving stakeholders appropriately at each stage of the product lifecycle
– Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
– The drive and ability to learn quickly about our domain and our complex technology
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.